Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yokosuka Seaside Marathon

I competed in the Yokosuka Seaside Marathon this morning.  It wasn't really a marathon, but that won't stop me from wearing the shirt proudly around and talking about my greatness!  There were three distances:  Half-Marathon, 10k and 5k.  There was also a kids' run for children 6 and older.
The run offered picturesque views of Mt. Fuji from Rt. 16.  I went back and took this photo later, but if I had had my camera while on the run, I would have been able to line up Mt. Fuji between two palm trees.  I think that shot can only be accomplished from the middle of the road.
According to the number cards at the start, there were at least 6,700 people competing in the 10k alone!  I'm not sure how many were competing in the other races.  The starting line was crowded.  No personal space whatsoever.    
Taiko drummers beating out our cadence.
See?  I ran a marathon today!
I don't really understand why they do this, but they tape up their legs in an elaborate fashion for the shortest of runs.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on finishing! Great pictures too :)

ablykins said...

Congrats on your run!

Anonymous said...

Where can I get some info on the 2009 Yokosuka Marathon?

thanks

Dollars to Yen said...

Sorry, I don't know where to find information online. I do know you have to register a couple months in advance.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin