Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hasami Scarecrow Festival

We headed to Hasami today for their scarecrow festival.
A Tanuki scarecrow! Tanuki, or raccoon dogs are pretty famous here. They stand outside many businesses to bring luck. More often than not, they are male, as you can see in the picture above and here in a blog post I did last year.
Wait your turn!!! There were beads of sweat painted on that character's face.
I think I saw Tiger Woods twice out here.
Two clowns feeding a kangaroo. At least that's what it looked like to us.
Apparently, she didn't get the memo.
A scarecrow with scary good aim! She was urinating into a little hole while her scarecrow dog (wearing the face mask behind her) looked on.
Excuse me, I'm looking for Oscar.
I looked in the bowl, they didn't appear to be going for realism.
That's a woman and a bull. I don't know what they were supposed to be doing.
Nice Camelback!
Wild boar scarecrows.
Onigiri anyone?
Scaring away the fish.
Karate.... on a bike.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin