Sunday, May 10, 2009

Street or Sidewalk?

We're going to play a little game I like to call "Street or Sidewalk." You look at this photo and decide if you would dare take your car down it.
Okay, maybe not. But I took a couple of pictures of vehicle roads that I, a concerned citizen, don't feel should be traveled. I have taken up nail-biting while driving some of the roads around here, but today I was on foot. Scary!
There is no good frame of reference for the road above. You may be able to get down it driving a Mini Cooper with no mirrors.

I am learning kanji, so I am able to tell you with confidence that this beautiful vista in Hayama is Food Mountain. Ha! I really need to buckle down and study more.
This is really called Sakurayama, Cherry Blossom Mountain.
To get to this hike, leave Shinzushi Station through the entrance nearest the end of the line. Follow that road past the city bus lot and make a left at the light. Follow that road past the Zushi Sports Club and take a left up a road that looks like it will lead you to a cemetery... it doesn't. That road turns into a tiny road that is really more of a sidewalk. Keep following it up and you will soon be on a beautiful trail.
There is an archaeological site up there as well. I saw a roped off area. I don't read enough kanji, nor did I take enough time, to know much about it. There were pictures of old pots.
This pesky pigeon joined us for a Mother's Day picnic on Zushi Beach. It was a beautiful day and there were many people enjoying the weather on the beach. Fuji-san wasn't visible while we were there.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Pretty shots! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin