Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dinosaurs invade Ueno!

We took a trip up to Ueno today specifically to see dinosaurs. There is a special Dinosaurs of Gondwana exhibit next to the National Museum of Nature and Science there.
The exhibit was entirely in Japanese, of course, but they did have the dinosaur names displayed in Romanji. I have a young dinosaur fan in my house, and I thought myself an authority on dinosaurs. I apparently have a long way to go. I didn't recognize any of those dinosaur names.
They had some touch and feel exhibits at the end of the exhibit.

There was a video playing behind the dinosaur bones.
These kids were standing next to a leg bone. Okay, I have no idea what bone this was, but everyone was taking photos next to it, so they did too.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Very cool! How long did it take to get there?

Dollars to Yen said...

It's the Ueno train station. Just exit out the "Ueno Park" gate. Walk towards the park. It's behind the Art Museum. You cannot miss it, unless you somehow don't notice the life-sized blue whale, steam locomotive engine, and the museum staff hollering at the entrance.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin