Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sakura (Cherry Blossoms) at Ueno Park

I had heard that Ueno Park was THE place to go to see the Cherry Blossoms in this part of Japan. It certainly was beautiful and very popular! Here is a link to some other places to see Japan's unofficial flower.There was a bit of a circus atmosphere to the whole thing. This guy was quite high up and balancing.
All these people were here on a Tuesday afternoon watching the side show.


I would guess that there were thousands of people in the area. I saw a few people in kimonos, but it was a weekday, so most people looked like they were just eating their lunch under the snowing trees.



I need to start taking more pictures of the manhole covers here in Japan. They all have a story to tell. This one is in Ueno Park. Ueno Park is known for it's Sakura trees, and perhaps their Ginko trees.



Green Tea Oreo bars. I have had the Macadamia and the Strawberry ones, but these are new.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

You're fast! We'll have to go out there next year. Kamakura wasn't quite so busy. Fantastic photos! (I agree about the man-hole covers too. There are some good ones.)

Katie said...

Wish I was as awesome as you and kept updating my blog as frequent :)

Nice pictures!

Alisa said...

beautiful photos!
uneo was on my list this yr.
:(
do you think there will be any left this weekend?
i really wanted to go ....
again, ... i loved all the pics!

Dollars to Yen said...

Alisa, I don't know. There may be a live camera posted somewhere so you can see.

I was out today in the Oppama area and it was snowing Sakura petals. It won't be long now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin