Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mmmm, it's like lemonade.

I stopped by a farmer's market I frequent today. I pointed to those and asked if they were lemons. The woman said no and said what they were. She didn't say they were Yuzu. I went home and typed in what she did call them... I even had her write it down for me in Hirigana. Umm, what came up with my internet search had nothing to do with fruit!

These are yummy, whatever they are called. They taste like lemonade.

Edit: A big thank you to Japanese Snack Reviews for helping me find the name of this fruit! It's a Haruka. This is what the woman at the farmer's market wrote down, but it didn't come up when I googled it.

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

Those look like yellow dekopon. Dekopon are a type of orange that is usually quite sweet, but can be sour if it isn't properly ripened.

Did the woman call them dekopon?

They don't look like yuzu, which tend to be more wrinkly, but I'm far from an expert!

Dollars to Yen said...

Thank you! The woman wrote down "haruka" in hirigana. When I did a search typing it in hirigana up popped a bunch of anime. When I typed in Dekopon and Haruka, it came up! Apparently it's like Hyƫganatsu. I don't know what that is.

So, apparently it is Haruka... I'll go back and edit the post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin