Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cave Graves and a big white head.

The trail head lists this area as Kogane Cave Grave 黄金 やぐら. I don't know what that means, and I cannot find anything about it on the web. The trail where these caves are is below, and parallel to the Kinubari Yama Trail. Don't go after it rains, it's not safe.
It was hard for me to believe that this trail was so close to downtown Kamakura. It was very quiet and peaceful.
That white thing in the middle of the picture above is the Ofuna Kannon (below). I took the photo below back in May. I intend to go back, so I'll post more about that later.
She's a big statue! You can see her from the train as you near the Ofuna station.
Fuji san was very clear this morning. I saw many photographers along the Kinubari trail.


Obama shirts for sale in downtown Zushi.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You've been busy! These are great.
Jamie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin