Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kurisumasu kado

My friend Katie dragged me around to different places in search of Japanese Christmas cards.  We never found ones that she liked, so she put feelers out and one of her friends took her to a place to find them.  She was gracious enough to tell me where the place was.  If you live in Yokosuka, there is a stationery store on Blue Street near the Yokosuka-Chuo station that has a decent selection.  I was lukewarm on the idea until I saw her cards.  Here are the ones I bought.
It's hard to tell with this photo, but this is a 3-d card of the Daibutsu with little Santa Clauses climbing all over it.
Here is Santa flying over Fuji-san with Sakura trees all around.
Fuji-san again with Santa and a Japanese style house and bashi (bridge).

I'm not sure if this is a specific Pagoda, but this particular one has Santa all over it.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I absolutely adore your cards! Maybe if you were a little nicer people would take you shopping to the stores too ;)

On a serious note, I'm glad we found them and our families will love them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin